IDE get's frozen on (IDE) home page on (Linux) Debian 12

After download and unzipping the files and starting “embeetle” I was able to select themes.
Home screen started but after that no reaction at all. No butten works and Htop schows no action, too.
My home file shows a .embeetle entry with a couple of files. So I need help to sort this issue out.

1 Like

Hi @mike ,
Welcome to Embeetle!

Thank you for reporting this issue.
We are about to launch a new version of Embeetle one of these days. In the new version, we have added some missing .so files to make sure that Embeetle runs on all Linux distros.

Up until that release, I can already provide you with a “nightly build”. If you’d like that, please send a mail to kristof@embeetle.com

Kind regards,
Kristof

On which Linux distro are you trying to run Embeetle? What version of that Linux distro?

@kristof@embeetle.com: Would be nice just to make my first steps with embeetle.
Target will be the whc ch32v003. By the way I recognized that no toolchain at all have been installed and this might happen after choosing the processor type.

@ygramoel : Q4OS (5.4.1-n1) is the distro based on Debian GNU/Linux 12
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.27.5
KDE-Frameworks-Version: 5.103.0
Qt-Version: 5.15.8
Kernel-Version: 6.1.0-18-amd64 (64-bit)
Grafik-Plattform: X11
2 × Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 3,8 GiB Arbeitsspeicher
GDP: NV98
Hewlett-Packard
Compaq Presario CQ70 Notebook PC
F.25

So all in all a pretty old platform these days.

Hope the information is sufficient.

Thks both of you for the quick response. Appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi Mike,
I sent you a private message with the login you need to try our test releases. This way you can access our release candidate early :wink:

Let us know if it runs on your Linux Distro

The CH32V003 is an excellent choice. You should certainly also check this page:

https://embeetle.com/#supported-hardware/wch/boards/ch32v003f4p6-evt-r0-1v1

No success, Kristof. After selecting the theme home page embeetle gets frozen and no reaction of any button.
Programms in the back running well, so I tie it down to embeetle.
If you know where the log file is stored I’m willing to provide you the one.

Version 1.5.1 of embeetle.

Hi Mike,
The log file would be at:
~/.embeetle/home_window_output.txt

Thanks Mike!

Hi @mike ,
I installed Q4OS as a virtual machine on my Windows laptop, in VirtualBox. Embeetle IDE version 1.5.1 (the one downloaded from our testserver, for which I gave you the login) works on this virtual machine. So I am unable to reproduce the error you have.

Below are the specs of the virtual machine:

$ get-q4os-version
5.4.1-n1

$ plasmashell --version
plasmashell 5.27.5

$ kf5-config --version
Qt: 5.15.8
KDE Frameworks: 5.103.0
kf5-config: 1.0

$ uname -r
6.1.0-18-amd64

At first view, I can’t see a noticeable difference between my and your system. But maybe I overlooked something.

Is there anything I can do to create a virtual machine here that has the same specs as your system? Just so we can reproduce the problem.

Kind regards,
Kristof