Is there ESP32 support

Hi,
Iám currently using the U Pycraft ide micro python, can I make the switch to embeetle.
Does it support the ESP32?

Kind regards
Ivo

2 Likes

Hello Ivo and welcome to the Embeetle forum.

Sorry for the reply delay.
Currently we do not support any ESP32 microcontrollers, sorry, but it is on our to-do list to add support for them. Can you tell me which ESP32 microcontroller specifically you are interested in?
Also, could you say for what purpose you are using this project for?

Embeetle’s business model is to create partnerships with microcontroller vendors. We are talking to Espressif about adding ESP support in Embeetle, but we don’t have an agreement yet. Your interest in ESP32 support in Embeetle will certainly help us in negotiations with Espressif, so thank you for contacting us on the forum.

Kind regards
Matic

2 Likes

Hi Matkuki,
Your reply was quick in comparison to mine :slight_smile:

We are using the ESP32­ S2 modules. We are developping IOT hardware and will be using the ESP chips for numorous hardware ranges, One of the first will be a basic temperature monitoring solution used HACCP enviroments.

Kind regards
Ivo

1 Like

Hi dears!

I’m interested in ESP32 support too. I’m working on several Home Automation projects using WiFi and Bluetooth. I use a generic ESP32 board.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hi @JLA ,

Thank you for your interest.
We are currently looking into a integration system for adding ESP32 support. Are you using the official ESP32 SDK for development?
Currently I have noticed that the procedure to generate a project is quite complicated with the official SDK and not inclined to automated integration into other software, more of a standalone generator with mandatory user input. Do you perhaps know of a way to automate/simplify project generation with the SDK?

Of course if @Ivaho also has any information on this topic, it is very appreciated.

Regards

1 Like

Hi, I use ESP32 to develop UAVs. And I am very interested in his support for Embeetle.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest @Temurumaru

We are currently in the phase or re-arranging Embeetle’s Dashboard, which one of the upgrades will be supporting new build systems, like Espressif’s ESP32 CMake build system (or any other more complex build system than just make + GCC).

Will keep you posted on any updates.