Linux, Can not use debug feature on IDE version 0.7.6

I have done some tests with IDE version 0.7.6 and I that can not use debug feature.

with KL46Z256VLL board, when click and release on debug button, do not have anything affect.
with STM32 boards, can not connect debug, console log shows following message error.

The "Broken Pipe" error in the debugger console means that the GDB version used for debugging is not working.
I usually had an a missing dependency or multiple dependencies for the GDB executable on Ubuntu.

Running the raw gdb command in a Linux console usually tells what dependency is missing.

with KL46Z256VLL board, when click and release on debug button, do not have anything affect.

The KL46 board and all other NXP projects do not have debugging enabled. @kristof is in control of these debugging options.

About NXP:
Indeed, right now the NXP boards don’t have debugging activated. Matic, do you have an NXP board? If yes, perhaps we can activate the debugger for NXP too. I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work on NXP (these are ARM-based boards and operate through OpenOCD if I remember well).

About the “Broken Pipe” error:
This problem concerns me a bit. Many people use Ubuntu as their preferred Linux OS. Is there a way to add all the missing dependencies to the GDB executable, such that it just works on Ubuntu?

About NXP:
I have no boards.

About the “Broken Pipe” error:
Yes, @ygramoel mentioned that he will look at this issue some time ago. We were swamped with work at the time, so it might have been forgotten. No matter, here is the conversation of how I fixed it on my machine:

@matkuki You are right: I forgot about this. Will have a look tomorrow or in the coming days. Thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

Hi @Dungnt98 ,
The problem should be fixed in version 0.7.10. Please let us know if it works now.