Moving from Arduino IDE to Embeetle

Hi Kristof

You certainly did answer all my questions in perfect detail, thanks!

Pleasure was all mine :+1:

And here is the screenshot from my Fedora 33 LXDE (about the updates available notification, I have tried making the installation via update page few times and it seems to finish, but afterwards the old version is still there. But that’s perhaps an another topic for another day :nerd_face:):

It might be that my situation doesn’t fit perfectly to your diagnosis since the location of the toolchain is in the beetle directory. Perhaps it just wasn’t too clear at the start for me to what tools to select for AVR development or just couldn’t find it at first and installed it before Arduino IDE. When you combine the confusion and the beetle not showing the notification of missing tool, perhaps we are at the source of the problem. Although I did have trouble making the install work and had to try few times to get all right. (not sure if this link works but here goes: (IDE not starting in Fedora 33 LXDE - #7 by ygramoel)

I shall certainly keep this in mind when I finally feel comfortable with “real C-coding”, although I have still lot to learn as I’m still in the middle of reading one of the so called “Bible of C-coding” books.

P.S.
I did read the comics and the one you linked was one of the best ones - “Mario quickly finds out there’s dark magic involved” :rofl: It was so hilarious that I had to link it to few of my friends.

Niko

2 Likes